Wednesday 14 October 2015

Introduction

It seems to me that in this day and age many young gentlemen have forgotten the noble art of reading to impress. A man who can talk well about literature, is well on his way.

The aim of this blog is to create a reading list of books for the aspiring gentleman. It will cover history, classics and modern fiction of the fantasy and Science Fiction genres as well as a few non-fiction texts. Definitely all the essentials.

Just to give a bit of context I am a young man who has always loved to read. I was introduced to reading at a young age and have never since stopped. Most days during the week I am either rereading books that I have read before or hot on the tail of a new book that has come under my eye. Whether it be the latest fantasy, sci-fi or humorous tale. However the biggest contributing factor to my voracious appetite for literature is the audiobook. When I was younger I was introduced to audiobooks and radio plays as entertainment. Some of the earliest stories I can remember are Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy, which my parents introduced to myself and my brothers when we were young. They were all radio plays. Later, we started borrowing audiobooks from the local libraries. I found the greatest thing was that you could listen to audiobooks while you were doing mundane tasks.

Over the years both my book and audiobook libraries have expanded till I have a bookcase and a half of books, an audiobook library with over 150 titles and a Kindle library that is steadily growing. From this vast stock of literature I hope to review a few titles that have changed the way that I think and act as well as spurring my love of literature to greater heights.
   

So sit back, enjoy and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment